Better understanding and connecting with key audiences is a paramount piece in a successful social advertising universe. Twitter recently rolled out a fresh new feature within its advertising dashboard that helps businesses understand who is interacting with their brand.
Much like Facebook’s Audience Insights tool, Twitter’s Audience Insights Dashboard provides a real-time look at the audiences most relevant for any brand (i.e. those who have engaged with tweets). Businesses can find this information using Audience Insight’s wide range of analytic metrics including:
- Demographics (such as gender, marital status and income)
- Lifestyle (occupation, behavior)
- Purchase Behavior
- TV Viewing Behavior
- Mobile Usage
How it Works
With Audience Insights, marketers have aggregate information about user demographics, interests, purchasing behavior and more to help identify new, relevant audiences to target with upcoming campaigns. Let’s say you’re running a campaign to increase awareness on new cosmetics line; marketers can learn about potential customers through recent purchases, trends they’re interested in and TV viewing behavior, opening the door to the best audience segments to target within Twitter Ads, along with where to target them and which creative to use.
Audience Insights also offers the ability to compare audiences. Marketers can analyze how follower data indexes against the rest of the Twitterverse [through analytic metrics], helping to identify potential reach and extending user engagement beyond that of their followers.
With privacy a top concern, all information is aggregated and derived from Twitter data sources and information matched from Marketing Platform Partners, enabling advertisers to view insights while keeping all user information private.
The new Audience Insights dashboard helps businesses understand their audiences, including how their behaviors and interests index against those of the greater Twittersphere. Another step toward a laser-focused campaigns, Twitter Audience Insights enables marketers to gather information-rich insights from followers and the people who engage with Tweets.
Combined with other sources of audience data, Audience Insights paints a clearer picture of audiences on social, ultimately useful in improving ROI across campaigns.
Resolution Recommends Marketers:
- Analyze follower lifestyle data – Explore TV genres that interest your followers, targeting relevant shows or upcoming TV events that make sense to engage around on Twitter.
- Pay attention to mobile – Audience Insights provide tremendous detail around the carriers and device types your audiences use. Be sure to optimize copy and imagery for those platforms.
- Examine follower demographics – Consider the typical lifestyle of audience groups and adjust content and timing accordingly.